Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Those final touches...


This past weekend, I had to attend a Gala for the school that I go to. As usual, I was able to find the perfect dress and the perfect accessories to go with it. Margaret was at the store to give me a little hair boost and then she asked me aquestion that I never ask myself: what about your nails?

You see, I rarely do my nails. Yes, I keep a nail file in my handbag so that I can file when things get a little ragged, but after that, nothing. Nail polish chips and to be honest, the last manicure I had was less than decent.

A few weeks ago, I saw a photo of the nail style that Dita von Teese has beenwearing lately, it's called half moons. It is a vintage style that actressessported in the mid-1900s. I thought it was new and different. The usual style involves a white half moon at the base of your nail with dark red polish on the restof the nail. Think of it like a reverse french manicure.

Since that didn't reallygo with my outfit for the night, we used the colors of a french manicure with some gold detail. It came out pretty fabulous. Check out the photo!

You can do this pretty easily yourself. Depending on your color preference, paint the nail with the base color and then add the white over it. You can get bottles of nail polish with smaller brushes. If you want to keep it the colors of a French manicure, you can do the white first and shape it using a brush with nail polish remover and then paint the top coat over. And don’t forget… always use topcoat!
xoxo
Jenn

1 comment: