Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Paradox of Library Fashion

I may have 'cultural hipster' in my veins at all times, however, in my day job, I have to suppress it a little bit. You see, my day job consists of finishing my Masters degree and having numerous work experiences. I can post on work-related fashion in the future (I actually love tying in some zazz to a work outfit), but I want to focus on library fashion.
It seems so simple when you think about it, but it is not as simple as it looks. The library is for comfort, but it is also a place of socialization (if you're someone like me). Therefore, I like to amp it up, especially since many of my graduate school colleagues see me in my business clothes and Naturalizers on a day to day basis. Sometimes there may be a person or two who intrigues me. Therefore, I'd say that it's a balance between getting in that extra edge and OD'ing (as in over dressing).
So this week I bounced back and from from what some would consider fancy (cute dress, moderate heels) to casual (skinnies, ballet flats, AA V-Neck). Overall, it worked out OK for me and I felt good about using some creative expression as I mulled over textbooks. Granted, my friends at Some Girls weren't there to talk about my clothes, but I did meet some new study buds and discussed some fashion- along with some economics and financial management. And the best part? I finished one of the hardest finals this past evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment